Southampton Pride 2018

running for the 3rd time, getting bigger each year Southampton pride time has been an incredible day out. It had been yet another glorious summer day, the sun shining, heat blazing, the colours sparkles and queens were out to play at Southampton civic centre filled with thousands to celebrate LGBT pride. A-mazing!
I really do love the atmosphere at pride festivals no matter where you are in the country. It’s like the city has a major mood lift and It really is ‘fabulous darling!’ I noticed that the moment you got into town that everyone around had an energetic and positive warm attitude towards each other and I’ve probably said this before when writing about Brighton pride but it’s so true!
I do think that especially since the first Southampton pride the organisers have done an amazing job at growing the festival side of things. Watching the acts that were performing on the stage throughout the day were brilliant. I was gutted to of left before the cheeky girls hit the stage this year. But seeing the other acts were still as great!
I hope that in the years to come for Southampton that the parade itself is more concentrated on. I’m not at all saying that the parade was bad. But it definitely was missing something! Maybe just some music? But still great as it is.
Can’t wait for pride season again next year.

Comments

Popular Posts